Mysteries surround the Las Vegas shooter.
What was his motive? Why did ISIS claim credit?
Well something was just discovered at his house and it’s raising some disturbing questions.
Las Vegas police recently discovered there had been a break-in at the shooter’s home.
The New York Daily News reports:
“Authorities returned to the once sleepy retirement community in Nevada where the Las Vegas shooter had lived following reports that someone had broken into his home.
The Somersett neighborhood in Reno was thrust into the spotlight after Stephen Paddock sprayed bullets from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay resort down on those attending the Route 91 Festival below. He killed 58 people and injured hundreds more before turning the gun on himself.
Officer Tim Broadway told the Reno Gazette-Journal police were called to the scene by a neighbor who noticed a light on inside the home.
He said at least one person broke into the residence through the front door, though he’s not exactly sure how they managed to gain entry.
Broadway added officers “immediately notified the FBI” and that authorities are working together to prevent similar incidents moving forward.
Nothing seemed to be damaged or missing from the home, located just on the edge of the Sierra Foothills, according to police. Authorities do not yet have any suspects.”
While authorities claim they believe nothing was damaged or missing, critics have trouble taking their word after the continually shifting story law enforcement has presented to the public.
The latest change in the official story came when police announced that the gunmen had fired upon a hotel security guard before he rained down bullets upon the crowd at a country music festival.
CBS News reports:
“Police said Monday they believe gunman Stephen Paddock shot a hotel security guard through the door of his suite six minutes before he unleashed a barrage of bullets into the crowd of concert-goers, killing 58 people and injuring hundreds more.
The injured guard used his radio and possibly a hallway phone to also call hotel dispatchers for help.
That account differs dramatically from the one police gave last week when they said Paddock fired through the door of his room and injured the unarmed guard after shooting into the crowd.
The company that owns Mandalay Bay has questioned the new timeline.
“We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline,” said Debra DeShong, a spokeswoman for MGM Resorts International. “We believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate. This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts.”
It was previously believed that the gunmen fired at the security guard after he began shooting at concert attendees.
The changes to the timeline – and the breaking news that the gunman’s house was burglarized – are raising eyebrows among those who have been following the investigation.
ISIS has claimed credit for the shooting, but so far no proof has emerged.
But absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
We will keep you up to date on any new developments in this story.