President Donald Trump made history by hosting the first ever “Fake News Awards.”
The “awards” were given to the most dishonest news stories of 2017.
And there is one thing Trump did that CNN is even more furious about than anything else in the awards.
2017 proved to be the most dishonest year for the media.
Studies showed that over 90% of the media coverage on President Trump was negative.
And to top it off, many of their stories were downright false.
As a presidential first, Trump has listed the top eleven fakest news stories of 2017, in the first annual “Fake News Awards.”
Below you will see the winners for 2017:
- The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
- ABC News’ Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with a false report.
- CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
- TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
- The Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. A dishonest reporter showed a picture of an empty arena HOURS before the crowd started pouring in.
- CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear that President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese Prime Minister. The Japanese Prime Minister actually led the way with the feeding.
- CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
- Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.
- CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.
- The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
- And last, but not least: “RUSSIA COLLUSION!” Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!
While Trump was harsh to much of the media, especially the left-wing media, he seemed to have a special place in his heart for CNN.
He even went so far as to tweet out an edited video of him body-slamming a man with the CNN logo placed over his face.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 2, 2017
Despite his constant criticism on CNN, and them receiving four awards, they were still beat out by the New York Times for the top spot, and ABC News for the second spot.
This may be Trump’s greatest smack to the face on CNN yet.
CNN executives are sure to be angry that they aren’t even good enough at being fake to be anything more than a runner-up in the official “Fake News Awards.”
Do you agree with Trump’s picks in the “Fake News Awards?”
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.