New information around the recent horrific Las Vegas shooting keeps rolling in.
It seems like every day something new comes out that contradicts what was said the day before.
And the latest news flips the entire timeline of events on its head.
Keeping up with all the information around the Las Vegas shooting that left 58 people dead is a difficult task.
Bits and pieces of the story always seem to change, and just when police seem sure about what happened, they find something new that casts doubt.
The latest information is a bombshell that disproves much of what they thought was true.
Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo came out earlier this week and stated Paddock, the shooter, shot at a Mandalay Bay security guard minutes before firing into the crowd.
— ABC News (@ABC) October 9, 2017
This new information contradicts the previous story, which stated the security guard was shot minutes after Paddock began opening fire on the country music concert below.
As reported by The Daily Caller:
“Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said Monday that Stephen Paddock, the alleged Las Vegas mass shooter, shot a Mandalay Bay security guard minutes before firing at the crowd.
Lombardo now claims that they believe Jesus Campos, a security guard at the hotel, was shot six minutes before Paddock opened fire on the country music concert below.
Police originally thought Campos was shot after the shooting already began. However, their story is now changing.”
This information completely changes the timeline of the shooting put out by police.
It also brings up some questions.
Why didn’t the security guard, who left the scene with injuries, let police know exactly where Paddock was?
Judge Andrew Napolitano asked this question while speaking with Neil Cavuto.
As reported by Fox News:
“Judge Andrew Napolitano, Fox News’ senior judicial analyst, said on “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” that the news from the new timeline is not that the security guard was shot earlier than previously stated, but that the news was “that the agent of the hotel who should have been carrying with him a recording device — a device which would have allowed the head of security or somebody in security to listen in – was shot at 200 times by an automatic weapon.”
He continued, “So Mandalay Bay knew of the existence and presence and workability of the automatic weapon six minutes before he started killing people. That should have triggered an enormous response,” he said, considering the argument lawyers could make to a jury, if it gets to that point.”
When the story broke, MGM Resorts, who owns the Mandalay Bay Hotel, released a statement that they are doing everything they can to support law enforcement, but they did not comment on their security team’s actions that day.
Do you think Mandalay Bay should have done more to alert law enforcement of the initial shots fired?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.