Mysteries continue to swirl around the investigation into the horrific shooting in Las Vegas.
Now one key witness disappeared.
And it led everyone to fear the worst.
Mandalay Bay hotel security guard Jesus Campos is the key witness and victim in the investigation.
The gunmen fired 200 rounds into the hall and wounded Campos when he was on the 32nd floor.
This shooting took place before the shooter opened fire on a country music festival and killed 59 innocent Americans and wounded hundreds more.
Campos’ account could definitively establish the timeline of how long after he was shot were police notified, and it could explain the 12 minute response time.
But before he was scheduled to give a series of interviews he mysteriously vanished.
Fox News reports:
Where in the world is Jesus Campos?
“The Mandalay Bay security guard shot by Stephen Paddock in the moments leading up to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history was set to break his silence Thursday night with five television interviews, including one on Fox News, Campos’ union president said.
Except when the cameras were about to roll, and media gathered in the building to talk to him, Campos reportedly bolted, and, as of early Friday morning, it wasn’t immediately clear where he was.
Campos is represented by the International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America, which did not respond to requests for comment from Fox News earlier this week.”
One of the interviews was with Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity.
He was asked what happened and said Campos canceled.
He cancelled. https://t.co/fWCb4X8cNQ
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) October 13, 2017
Campos canceling interviews led to wild speculation.
And conspiracy theories have plagued this case.
The police and hotel have presented conflicting information about the timeline and it fed theories that were unsubstantiated, but filled the void when concrete facts were not presented to the public.
David Hickey – who is the President of the Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America – said Campos had been preparing for days for his interviews and that after he disappeared he received a text from Campos saying he was in a “quick clinic.”
Fox 5 Vegas reports:
“But Hickey said during a meeting with MGM officials Thursday afternoon, Campos left and never came back.
“For the past four days he’s been preparing … (Thursday) we had a meeting with MGM officials, and after that meeting was over, we talked about the interviews, we went to a private area, and when we came out, Mr. Campos was gone.” Hickey said.
Hickey said it was Campos who had requested to do the interviews with the media, because he wanted to tell his story and begin to move on.
Hickey did say that he got a text Thursday night, saying Campos was taken to a “quick clinic.”
“Right now I’m just concerned where my member is, and what his condition is. It’s highly unusual. I’m hoping everything is OK with him and I’m sure MGM or the union will let (media) know when we hear something,” he said.”
This will raise even more questions and prompt even more conspiracy theories.
In order to shut down these baseless conspiracies, law enforcement will have to lay out the facts of the case in one, coherent story that does not change.
We will keep you up to date on any new developments in this story.