The Democrats have used Russian collusion as a hammer to attack Trump with.
But this new revelation shows just how outrageous their attacks were.
This one FBI document exposed a dirty secret about Russian collusion.
The Steele dossier, the document that was used to start the investigations against Trump, is a piece of DNC propaganda that has long been discredited.
However, newly declassified documents in U.S. Attorney John Durham’s criminal investigation have revealed just how bad the Steele dossier is.
It’s not just inaccurate information, but it could even include claims from a Russian agent.
If the Democrats were really concerned about Russia influencing the election in 2016, they would have made sure that they weren’t supporting Russian disinformation.
A document shows that the primary sub-source for the anti-Trump Steele dossier was “a likely Russian agent and had previously been the subject of an FBI counterintelligence investigation,” according to the Committee.
The Senate Judiciary Committee highlighted the following key takeaways from the declassified documents.
- The Crossfire Hurricane team knew in December 2016 that Christopher Steele’s Primary Sub-source was an individual who the FBI had indicated in 2009 “could be a threat to national security.”
- In May 2009, Steele’s source reportedly attempted to recruit two individuals connected to an influential foreign policy advisor connected to President Obama, offering that if the two individuals “‘did get a job in the government and had access to classified information’ and wanted ‘to make a little extra money,’ [Steele’s source] knew some people to whom they could speak.”
- FBI databases revealed Steele’s source “had contact in 2006 with the Russian Embassy and known Russian intelligence officers, [including contacting a known Russian intelligence officer] ‘so the documents can be placed in tomorrow’s diplomatic pouch.’”
- One individual interviewed by the FBI noted that “the Primary Sub-source persistently asked about the interviewee’s knowledge of a particular military vessel.”
- Significantly, the “record documenting the closing of the investigation [of the Primary Sub-source] stated that consideration would be given to re-opening the investigation in the event that the Primary Sub-source returned to the United States.”
These revelations cut against the allegations of the Obama administration that the Russians just wanted Trump to win in 2016.
If the Russians were just trying to help Trump win, why was a Russian agent helping Clinton and the DNC compile their attacks against Trump?
It seems more likely that the Russians, rather than playing to a particular side, were trying to cause a rise of tension within America and the Democrats played right into their hands.
The rising political tension that the Democrats are encouraging isn’t in America’s best interest and they are willing to tell voters outright lies in order to win elections.
If you want Great American Daily to keep you up to date on any new developments in this ongoing story and the rest of the breaking news in politics, please bookmark our site, consider making us your homepage and forward our content with your friends on social media and email.