Trey Gowdy made his name in Congress unmasking Democrat scandals.
The former South Carolina Congressman still has his finger on the pulse of the current investigations into Barack Obama’s crimes during the 2016 election.
But Trey Gowdy delivered some bad news to Donald Trump that no one wanted to hear.
United States Attorney John Durham is in the final stages of his criminal investigation into the origins of the Russian collusion hoax.
Trey Gowdy served on the Intelligence and Oversight Committees in the House of Representatives and he knows the ins and outs of this case.
And in an appearance on “Fox News Sunday Morning Futures,” Gowdy delivered a preview of where he thought Durham’s investigation would end up.
Gowdy told host Maria Bartiromo that he expected Durham to issue a thorough report laying out the facts as he discovered them.
“With respect to Durham, my expectation is that he is going to access documents that [Calif. Republican Rep.] Devin [Nunes], [Texas Republican Rep. John] Ratcliffe and I never got to see,” Gowdy stated. “He’s going to access documents that the FBI never shared with Congress and he’ll write the definitive accounting of what happened.”
But Gowdy let the air out of the balloon for President Trump and his supporters by predicting there would be no more indictments beyond FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith’s guilty plea for doctoring an email as part of the application process for a FISA warrant to spy on former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.
“Whether or not there’ll be more indictments or not, I don’t know and I like to assume that there will not be,” Gowdy continued.
Disgraced former FBI agent Peter Strzok backed up Gowdy’s prediction in an interview with CBS.
Strzok – who signed off on the Russian hoax as head of counterintelligence at the FBI and then was removed from the Mueller investigation and later fired because of his anti-Trump text messages describing an insurance policy to bring down Trump – boasted that he was not a target and did not foresee any more indictments.
“I have not,” Strzok said when asked if he had been interviewed.
“I have certainly done nothing wrong. So I’m not worried about whatever he may find… if he finds the truth I’m not worried,” Strzok added.
“With regard to government employees working on the case? Not at all,” Strzok continued.
The FBI clearly broke the law in the Carter Page FISA warrant application.
FBI agents and Director James Comey misled the FISA court about the origin of the Christopher Steele dossier as well as its reliability.
Many Americans believe someone needs to be held accountable for those misdeeds.
If you want Great American Daily to keep you up to date on any new developments in this ongoing story and the rest of the breaking news in politics, please bookmark our site, consider making us your homepage and forward our content with your friends on social media and email.